Holy Spirit Baptism, Why Is It Important?
SALVATION AND THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
When I was eight years old I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior. At the age of nine I felt that there was more that He had for me. I didn’t know what it was but I knew that I wanted it so I prayed a very simple prayer. I said, “God, I know you have more for me. I don’t know what it is but I want it.” Instantly I received the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues.
You see this is a gift from God which brings increased power from Him into your life and He wants all of His children to have this free gift. Luke 11:11-13 says, "If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"
You see, you don’t have to earn it or work for it, simply ask. Any Christian can ask, and Jesus is ready to do it. You can pray by yourself like I did or you can ask someone else to pray for you.
Here are the simple steps you can take to be filled with the Holy Spirit:
1. Prepare your heart. Confess your sins to Jesus. Repent of your sins, telling Jesus you are sorry for the things that you have done that you know are wrong. Renounce your sins. In renouncing your sins you are simply saying that you are turning your back on those sins. Your desire is never to participate in those sins again; you are completely done with them.
2. Ask Jesus to come into your heart and baptize you in the Spirit. You don’t have to earn this, simply ask for it and receive it knowing that He wants you to have it. He is eager to answer your request. Jesus is the one who baptizes us in the Spirit, so ask Him—and expect Him to answer.
3. Receive the infilling. Thank Him for doing what you have asked. The Holy Spirit's power is filling your life.
4. Release your prayer language. The moment you are filled with the Spirit, you will receive the ability to speak in your heavenly prayer language. You may feel the words bubbling up inside of you or there just may be strange words coming to your mind. Open your mouth and began to speak.
5. Step out in boldness. After you have been baptized in the Holy Spirit, one of the first things you will notice is a new boldness. The Holy Spirit does not like to hide. He wants you to speak about Jesus to those around you—and He will give you surprising courage and the words to say.
You are now saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit! Congratulations!
Contact us and let us know so that we can congratulate you and send you some free information. God bless you.